If you want to distance yourself from the offense of plagiarisms then you should use software that helps in the detection of copied text. Whenever we take help from the internet for completing our school or college assignments our tendency is to take the idea of a particular author, however, in doing so most of us copy it entirely. In order to avoid plagiarism in your assignments, you need to get a clear understanding of some of the concepts of plagiarism.
Types of Plagiarism
A person can copy someone’s work in different ways but one common thing in these various types is copying is that it is ethically wrong to use someone else’s research work and make it your own. Have a look at the different types of plagiarism.
- Copy-paste plagiarism: This category of plagiarism is paraphrasing texts from the internet. A person tries to replace some of the words with another synonym and keep the structure of the material similar to that of the original work. However, the plagiarism checker is able to detect such works.
- Self-plagiarism: Self-plagiarisms refers to refer to your previous works. It happens quite unintentionally. Suppose you are given the same topic twice, here you need to ensure that your current paper does not match your previous ones. Use different ideas every time you choose the same topic or you are being given the same topic.
- Direct plagiarism: It is regarded as a common type of plagiarism. If you try to copy someone’s work then you are liable to be punished under the copyright act.
- Paraphrasing: It often happens that students try to paraphrase the contents that are published on the internet and this results in plagiarism. A person who takes someone’s idea and does not cite them then he/she is liable to commit plagiarism.
Method of Using Plagiarism Software
There are a large number of online sites that will help you to check your text for plagiarism. The plagiarism checker is able to compare the source text and the copied text and highlights the sentence or words that have been copied by you. Before using plagiarism software you have to know the file types that are supported by that software.
How to compare texts?
The first thing that comes to your mind while thinking about plagiarism software is the way to use it. It’s quite simple and easy, you really don’t have to be an expert to use this tool. A plagiarism checker is able to find out plenty of similarities. So it is better to use plagiarisms-checking software for giving assurance to you that the papers that you are submitting are free from plagiarism. The ways in which you can use this tool for checking or comparing your content with a web page are given below:
Comparing web pages with your document
- Comparing the articles written by you with a website
- Comparing pdf files or word documents
- Comparing two texts
Therefore it can be said that plagiarism-checking tools will definitely help you to submit original work. You need to make sure that you are providing proper citations while you take ideas from other writers. It will help you to keep away from the offense of copywriting.